Tuesday, June 01, 2004

June the oneth

June the oneth

1. Andy Griffith turns 78 today.

2. You know what I hate? When somebody talks to you, and they're speaking English, but for whatever reason (last night it was my brain floating on the sea of fatigue in the dinghy of frustration), you can't make any sense out of what they've just said.

The conversation went a little like this:

"Hey Tommy!"

"Huh?"

"Ammala Gramalaa Fip Debipey"

I tried to let my brain get a hold of it.

"I'm sorry?"

"Ammala Grammalaa Fip Zedippy doo!"

It usually takes two repeat requests to piss off the average person.

For the record, my co-worker was telling me that he was heading home to grab his lunch.

3. The finger nail on my right index finger folded back on me last night. Dammit that hurt. All the way to my soul.

4. Ramona Trinidad Iglesias Jordan, who was recognized as the world's oldest person, has died. She was 114. Funny how that happens. Every week....I ask again...what's killing the world's oldest people?

At 114, she was right around 87 when I was born.

5. What's the bet on when I'll change the calendar in the kitchen over to June? The over/under is 18 days into June.

6. Mark Prior's back soon. Gooseneck got to see him pitch at Triple A.

In all the Nashville Sounds games I've hit, I've managed to miss almost every major rehab assignment that's come through town. Part of it is that the Pirates have been pretty crappy for a while. But among the visiting teams, there haven't been many big names, and what few there have been, i've had to miss for one reason or another. Randy Johnson did a brief rehab stint last season, and he started a game for Arizona's Triple A team against the Sounds. Couldn't make it to that one.

7. That's all I got for now. If something else falls out of my brain, I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home