Wednesday, June 02, 2004

TV Tuesday, this early Wednesday Morning

TV Tuesday, this early Wednesday Morning

TV Tuesday, because they figured out I'd get overtime if I didn't take tonight off....

Hope everyone who was celebrating had a safe Memorial Day weekend!! Hopefully you got an extra day for your weekend!! Now on to this week's questions! Be kind, it's my first week solo! :)

1. In the US many stations run "marathons" all day on Monday, many stations have also went to running all weekend marathons of old sitcoms. So question number one is: Did you watch any of the marathons running this year? In part? In whole?


Not this year. I always like the Sci Fi Channel's Twilight Zone marathons, but I've never sat through a long length of time just watching that.

2. Is there a show you'd like to see run an all day marathon? On the flipside is there a show you'd avoid in marathon?

Well, with entire seasons of TV shows coming out on DVD, I could sit and watch The Simpsons, or Futurama, or West Wing all day, and not think twice about it.

Still, I understand the magic. I can't think of anything in particular that I desperately want to see run in a TV marathon. I always appreciate it when MTV will take a Sunday to marathon a season's worth of a show, especially if it's leading up to the season finale. There was a Tough Enough marathon one rainy Sunday a couple of years ago, and one particular episode wasn't edited for language. They just ran the unbleeped version. So you got to hear Tazz saying "shit" and a couple of people throwing "fuck" around. It was alright.

My personal hell would be a nonstop American Idol marathon.

3. Is there a show/movie/program that brings back special memories for you and what is it?

Hulk Hogan's Rock n' Wrestling. Did you know Everybody Loves Raymond's Brad Garrett did Hulk Hogan's voice in the cartoon?

~Bonus~ What show featuring those who protect your country (fiction or non-fiction) is your favorite?

Band of Brothers is tight. MASH counts, too, I suppose.

~Bonus #2~ Out of curiosity, what's the longest you've ever watched TV in one stretch?!

I've watched an assload of TV in my life. So I don't know the longest time.

That Tough Enough marathon, that's up high. It was rainy outside, cold, and I was broke. So I watched for like 8 hours.

I had the flu in the beginning of 2001, and Comedy Central did an all day Kids in the Hall run. I watched most of that, though I was drifting in and out of sleep that day.

See you next week! Same time! Same channel!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home