Tuesday, June 08, 2004

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday, because I wrote some crap this morning, and now I want to talk about what falls out of the glass teat:

From the tame and elegant setting of Oprah to the wild and crazy brawls of Jerry Springer daytime talk TV has a little bit of everything. They've got make-overs, psychics, paternity suits and things you'd rather not know about but their ratings are through the roof!! Like them or hate them they're part of TV culture.

1. Do you watch daytime talk TV? If so, which shows do you watch? Do you prefer the calm shows like Oprah or the wilder side like Jerry Springer?


No, not so much. There was a time that I watched Regis and Kelly before I went to sleep, sometimes. Mostly for the Kelly Ripa. I don't know why I stopped watching.

If I watched, I watched Jerry Springer.

2. Which daytime talk TV show would you like to be on? What would the topic be?

I'm not deformed enough to be on Maury Povich, so I think I'll pass on all of them.

3. Is there a daytime talk TV show you miss that's no longer on the air? Is there someone you'd like to see get a daytime talk TV show?

I really miss Richard Bey. Not so much daytime, as middle of the night fare. But Richard Bey's show was gloriously guy oriented. If it was about fighting, drinking or strippers, Richard Bey had an episode about it.

Richard Bey was Jerry Springer when Jerry Springer was Phil Donahue.

I think the WWE's Big Show should have a daytime talkshow.

If he weren't dead, I'd have said Sorrell Booke (The Dukes of Hazzard's Boss Hogg). For no real reason.

~Bonus~ Before talk TV took over game shows ruled the airways during the day, which do you prefer? Or are you a soap opera fan?

Hello? TPIR updates? Gameshows ruled.

And I prefer my soap operas to be played out Monday Nights in the WWE ring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home