Tuesday, June 15, 2004

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday, because for the third day in a row, I'm having trouble sleeping.

Since Father's Day is this Sunday I thought this week would be a good chance to explore TV Dads! TV Moms got their chance and now it's Dad's turn! So in honor of all those hard working and lovable dads out there, this one's for you! :)

1. Which TV Dad would you have most liked to have for your own dad? On the flipside, who was the TV Dad you'd have least liked to have had?


You know, Andy Taylor was just about the smartest man who ever lived in TV Land. I don't think you could go wrong with Andy from Mayberry as your Dad.

I don't know that I'd have liked it very much if the Dad from Family Ties was my Dad. I mean, I got no problem with liberalism, per se. But this guy was practically pinko.

Or George Lopez. Because that stuff's just not funny.

2. Who do you consider the most realistic TV Dad? Who did you consider simply too good to be true?

Roseanne and Dan Conner were the most realistic portrayal of your average American family on TV, ever. John Goodman's Dan is my answer.

There are too many too good to be true characters. I'll say Ward Cleaver is too perfect, and leave it at that.

3. Let's play a little Dad word association, what's the first word that comes to mind when you see the following names:

George Jetson :: treadmill
Cliff Huxtable :: horse ride
Dan Conner :: couch out the door
Gomez Addams :: weird eyes
Archie Bunker :: armchair
Jed Clampett :: cement pond
Ward Cleaver :: Beaver
Tony Micelli :: I'm the Boss
Ozzie Nelson :: Wedding Gift
Homer Simpson :: AWESOME

~BONUS~ Use the letters F-A-T-H-E-R-S D-A-Y to describe your own dad!

F--Firebug
A--Attack
T--Tattoos
H--Headgames
E--Ever touch my food again, and I'll hurt ya!
R--Radar, from MASH
S--Slam, as in bodyslam
D--Damn, that hurt
A--Aaaawwww, yeah
Y--You will always remember the name, of Goldust.

And a VERY Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home