Sunday, June 13, 2004

Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts

Just a few things that are going through my head this morning.

--I was glad to see the Cubs not just lie down last night when the Angels started their rally in the sixth. All things considered, we could do a lot worse than what we have. Nobody's running away with the Central. As crappy as it seems we've been lately, we're only 2 1/2 games out. Sammy's playing over in West Tennessee, to see if he can get some timing back before he's back in the lineup. I won't rush over to see him. Now, if it were Kerry Wood....

--I watched Monster this weekend. Charlize Theron's performance just kind of sucks you in I was scared by how much her portrayal of Aileen Wuornos reminded me of a girl who worked in housecleaning at the hotel I worked at a few summers ago. Right down to the way they smoked. Way they walked, jerky way they talked. Scary.

--Also, I kept wondering about the lady playing Donna, at whose home Selby (Christina Ricci's character) was staying while in Florida. The actress who plays her is named Annie Corley, who also played the eminently hatable Mary Marsh, right-wing religious activist. She's on a couple of episodes of West Wing, including the pilot, where she gets told off by the President, but good.

--I twisted my ankle a little bit on Friday. I've been over to the home of a former co-worker twice, now. And both times, the trip resulted in injury. I hit my head on a low door frame the first trip, and stepped in a hole while playing catch with his kid the second time. The ankle's fine, but I'm not keen on his house.

--Soylent Green was probably low in carbohydrates, don't you think? Do you think that's where they're heading with this whole low-carb movement? They're probably waiting for Charlton Heston to kick the bucket. Sounds like an investment opportunity, to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home