Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Cubs 7, Astros 2

Cubs 7, Astros 2

I woke up just in time for Mark Prior to be taken out of the game, last night.

Even if the Cubbies hadn't eaten up the bullpen going 15 innings against the Angels the night before, I'd have cringed to see the 5 run lead handed over to that bullpen.

Not that I don't applaud Dusty for watching Mark's pitch count. I was afraid that some point around Mark's third or fourth start coming back, we'd see Dusty hauling him out there to throw 130 against somebody. I'm not bitching about that.

I'm just saying that our bullpen skeers me.

Especially our bullpen against the Astros, in their home park on a night when the ball's flying.

Yeah, Jeff Bagwell's in a slump, but there've been a couple of slumps ended against our bullpen, I'd think.

Big props to Jimmy Anderson, who pitched four innings in relief. That's the way it's supposed to work.

And while I don't much care for all the solo home runs...I like know that Todd Walker and Aramis Ramirez helped make Roger Clemens (who, for once, acted his age) eat it for the first time this season.

I enjoyed that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home