Monday, June 14, 2004

Today's Phrase

Today's Phrase

Jell-o Sheriff.

Taken from Bill Cosby's "To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Slept With," which I picked up yesterday, using a birthday gift card I hadn't yet emptied. A great piece of comedy, if you've never heard it. I'd not heard the whole thing in years.

Bill paints a picture with his words. He's a great storyteller. You feel like you're in the room with Bill and Russell.

I've listend to that bit three times this morning. It's as funny now as it was when I first heard it. And when it was first performed.

Went up to Nashville with my friends Julie and Jason yesterday. There's a vintage bookshop up near Vanderbilt that we've been meaning to hit for a while. We intended to see it yesterday. But they're closed on Sundays.

I also found a copy of Peter Biskind's Easy Riders, Raging Bulls for cheap, too. A few people recommended it. It'll go at or near the top of the stack of books I've got that I've been intending to read for...well...forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home