Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Slugfests, and the lack thereof

Random Thoughts

No sooner do I bring up the fact that it always seems the Brewers and Cubs hammer the crap out of each other that Ben Sheets and Matty Clement go out and have themselves something of a pitchers' duel. Gotta love a 1-0 game.

John Kerry asked if I'd be his running mate this fall. I said I would, but only if I could refer to him as President Mr. Ed. That queered the deal.

That's a phrase that doesn't get enough play, nowadays: queered the deal. It's probably insensitive.

In The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, the autistic narrator Chris goes through a list of his behavioral problems that he believes caused a lot of stress in his parents' marriage. Among those behavioral problems? Hating and refusing to touch all things brown or yellow; Refusing to talk to anyone, for days a time; Hating France.

Working back on days now. I got used to nights. I liked the quiet. We'll see how this goes.

Supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far down here in my corner of East Tennessee. Drink lots of water. Gallons. Many gallons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home