Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Last Comic Standing

Last Comic Standing

I had to tape Last Comic Standing last night, as the Titans were playing pre-season on Monday Night Football, where it was weird to see Eddie George wearing #27 for the Cowboys. No, he wasn't the hoss that the media had made him out to be, and perhaps even that he thought he was. But he was our hoss. And to have him playing for Bill Parcells for football's version of the evil empire? It sat ill with me.

But I did watch part of last night's battle of the seasons.

Jessica Kirson??!?!?!?!?!???!!

Of all the comics they'd seen, they picked her to replace Bonnie McFarlane?

You know, humor's a subjective thing. But was her 2 minutes anything more than her making a funny face?

And I'm not the biggest Ralphie May fan in the world, but I can't even think of how tough it would be to get out there to tell jokes after his father passed away. I noticed he seemed out of sorts when they introduced the comics at the show's start. That's too rough.

I'll watch the rest of the tape tonight. Dave Mordal's yet to perform, and he was probably my favorite from the first season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home