Sunday, September 19, 2004

Rehashing an Old Joke

Rehashing an Old Joke

It's September 19, and that means it's "Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Last year, I played along. And in the process, got a really nasty series of e-mails from some Brit who named themselves after a Lord of the Rings character, taking me to task for comparing that form of piracy to the piracy where guys in boats or trucks attack and kill in order to take money....like I'm supposed to take an elf seriously, or something. It was my first international argument.

So, in the name of pissing off pretentious British elves everywhere, I talk like a pirate:

"Today, I think I'm going to take my video camera to a movie theater with me, tape the movie, make copiesof it, and then sell the bootleg copies for a lot of money. I think I'll get some popcorn, while I'm at the theater."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home