Friday, October 15, 2004

I Am Sitting In the Cat's Chair

I Am Sitting In the Cat's Chair

I am sitting in the cat's chair.

The cat will sit here. Period. End of sentence.

I may sit here, too.

But I must be aware that the cat will also sit here.

And I must sit the way the cat wants me to sit.

Or she will bring the pain.

I pick the cat up, put it on the couch.

The cat jumps to the coffee table, and back onto me.

We've done about 20 iterations on this one little exercise.

The cat either does not understand English, or takes my threats of no food lightly.

The cat knows I am a sap, and that I am afraid.

But the cat is generous.

"You may sit here. But I am also to be sitting here."

The cat has little understanding of the infinitive.

But kicking your ass in gerunds is one of the cat's favorite things.

Along with sitting in the chair.

It is the cat's chair.

You may sit in it.

If the cat lets you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home