Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The Playoff Beisbol

The Playoff Beisbol

Looking at the ALCS and the NLCS...

I stand by my World Series predictions from a few days back. I think we'll still have a Cardinals/Red Sox World Series.

The Red Sox thing is just a gut feeling. Maybe it's just my hatred of the Evil Empire causing me to think hopefully. I am comforted, though, that I am not alone in my hopes and hatreds....

I think they'll pound on each other for at least six games. I kinda think we'll see at least one brawl. I think we'll get at least 19 references to Mariano Rivera's recent family troubles by the twin antichrists, Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. (However, it is GOOD news that Al Leiter will once again be in the booth for this year's ALCS....he pleases me very much as a broadcaster).

As for the NLCS, I don't see who the Astros have to pitch once you get past Clemens and Oswalt. A shortage of quality pitching is just not something you want to have when you gotta look at Pujols, Edmonds and the rest of the lumber over the course of a best of seven series. I'm thinking the Cardinals take this one in five. As for the broadcast crew...Steve Lyons really used to get on my nerves...kinda like he was a cut rate Kenny Mayne or something. But he's grown on me a little bit.

Let's play some ball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home