Tuesday, October 12, 2004

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday, because it's the third inning, and the Yankees are beating the hell out of Curt Schilling. I need to be distracted, and now.

It's officially fall and most of the new shows and new seasons have started, let's talk!!

1. Is there a new show that's caught your attention? Good or bad?


Lost is pretty good, so far. How long it can keep up the weird, mysterious vibe I'm digging is the question. It could be very good, or it could (as was pointed out by commentor Danielle) become Gilligan's Island 2004 in a hurry.

2. Were there any season premieres you were just dying to see? Did they live up to the wait?

Well, I always wait for the Simpsons, even if last season got pretty rank.

Arrested Development hasn't begun its season, yet, though the first season DVD set's coming out a week from today, for those seeking my favor....

3. What's your all time favorite season or show premiere?

I always liked Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's premiere. It had to establish its identity quick, and it worked hard to give you a taste of all the characters without forcing it on you. Furthermore, it works quickly to establish its darker, less get-along-gang tone. Plus Sisko's remembrance of the battle with the Borg were pretty intense.

~Bonus~ Did you ever end up liking a show that you disliked the premiere of? Which show? Why?

E.R. grew on me. I didn't dislike the show based on the premiere, but that first episode, the only one I saw until TNT started showing re-runs, didn't do a lot for me in terms of making me want to watch it.

I still don't watch it regularly, I'm a re-run kind of guy. I can watch a whole season in a few days' time, that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home