Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Monday Night Raw Thoughts

Monday Night Raw Thoughts

Wrasslin Thoughts:

Last night's Monday Night Raw was a solid show. Their best show in a couple of months. It did a good job toward moving the major stories along, or at the very least, not letting the major stories wander aimlessly. And they did so without highlighting the fact that right now the Raw group only has a couple or three plotlines going on right now (World title, Mohammed Hassan and this Simon Dean vs. the Superheroes mess)

The Filthy Hippy and I got to talking last night about Taz, current Smackdown commentator, and how the WWE really just kind of dropped the ball with the Human Suplex Machine. He started well, with a brief feud with Kurt Angle, and then got mired into an entirely too long angle with Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross. His character (little stocky badass) was pretty much robbed of any momentum from the get go. I don't think he'd ever be World Title material, but I think Taz could have had a good run as a scary little badass in the WWE.

The Hippy and I had just talked about this, and how is the Mohammed Hassan angle moved along? By attacking Jim Ross.

Now, I know that Jim Ross is all lovable and huggable. But don't mire this guys in an angle with the announcers. I'm thinking Stevie Richards or Rhyno (speaking of stocky little ECW badasses looked over in the McMahon regime) would have better for an opening feud with the Muslim Invader.

Speaking of which, has anybody else noticed that Hassan's ears come to a point? The point of his ears is in the back of the ear, rather than the top. But this makes me think that he's some manner of elf.

As for the World Title situation? The whole Quickest Pin contest was a good way to fill a show with a common theme.

I got to thinking about it, and I don't have a clue who's coming out of the Elimination Chamber with the World Title, though I'm afraid it's going to be centered around the current and former members of Evolution, Triple H, Batista and Randy "I'm barely sentient" Orton.

I feel like the direction to go would be for those three to screw each other out of the title, and have them tussle with each other all the way to Wrestlemania. You could have them eliminating each other at the Royal Rumble, and have them trade wins all the way to Wrestlemania.

But not over the World Title.

Also, I'm thinking Edge is moving toward a Wrestlemania feud with Shawn Michaels. This is my gut saying this, more than my head. But I think you can go all the way back to Taboo Tuesday, where HBK took Edge's title shot, and HBK possibly screwing Edge again (either percieved or actual) in the Elimination Chamber.

(Shit...I'm running late...why is my alarm clock twenty minutes slow?!?!?)

Quickly:

To me, that leaves Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho without a real direction moving toward Wrestlemania XXI.

There have been rumors of a Benoit/Kurt Angle cross-promotional match at Wrestlemania. If I were Vince and the WWE, I'd do just that.

And, you give Jericho the belt out of the Elimination Chamber. He's a former World Champ who doesn't get the attention as a World Champ that others get. Give him another chance.

Also the Vince McMahon dream promo of Royal Rumble? With the Raw and Smackdown crew going to rumble Sharks v. Jets style? That was great....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home