Monday, January 24, 2005

Monday Morning Miscellany

Monday Morning Miscellany

An alliterative post title for a morning where I have to drag my ass out of bed extra early. For what? More work. And I was having a delightfully weird dream about living on the bank of a river. Although, I probably need to count my blessings and my victories, because when I woke up, I had to pee like a racehorse.

---

I was 15 or so when Johnny Carson retired, so I don't have a huge number of memories surrounding the guy or the show. The Tonight Show was the show I'd watch on Friday nights when I was 10 or 11, and my folks let me stay up because there was no school. Summer vacations, I watched the Johnny Carson. But by that point in his career where I'd reached the age where I could really come to appreciate a lot of the comedy, he was working three or four nights a week, and Jay Leno was working a lot of his nights off. I've never cared much for Leno...on Leno nights, I watched Arsenio Hall.

Still, what memories I do have of the guy and his show are pleasant. And it was surprising and saddening to turn on the computer and see that a giant in the field of comedy had passed on.

---

I said it last year...if there is a problem with all this parity in the NFL (and keep in mind that I don't think there's really a problem at all...), it's that you're gonna have Super Bowls every now and then with two teams you don't really care about. I don't have anything particularly for or against either the Patriots or the Eagles. Well, that's not true. I've never cared for the Eagles, much. But I've always had more against those classy, classy Eagles fans than I did the team. But the Eagles helped the cause when they picked up T.O. I've got no use for Terrell Owens.

I'll probably root for the Patriots, if only because I appreciate the role-playing non-superstar, get the job done approach they take with their team. That said, it's hard for me to cheer on a dynasty, or someone building a dynasty. It ain't logical, but I never once claimed to be a logical sumbitch.

---

It's 7 degrees here this morning. SEVEN!!!!! Huzzah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home