Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Ryne Sandberg

Ryne Sandberg

So. Ryne Sandberg's in the Hall of Fame, huh?

Cool f'n beans.

He was my favorite player, growing up. So I was a little more upset than most when he got his bufu the last couple of years.

He was only the first name in second basemen for more than a decade. I was confident he would get in. Eventually. However, I was preparing myself for the possibility that Ryno would get a few more seasons of the Gary Carter treatment, when it came to the Hall.

But 393 of the voters came through. Congrats to Ryno.

Congrats to Wade Boggs, as well. Chicken eatin' sonofagun.

It is a day of dizzying highs, and dank, dank lows, however.

Otis Nixon received no votes, in the Hall of Fame voting.

None. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

Technically speaking, I got the same number of votes to get into the Hall as Otis Nixon.

I commented on somebody else's site that were I voting, I'd have voted for Ryno, Boggs and Otis Nixon. And I'd vote for Otis because Otis needs the love. And because they could use the Otis Nixon bust to scare birds and small children.

I've said it before...Otis Nixon didn't get hit with the ugly stick...Otis got blown up with the Ugly Bazooka....

Anyway. Ryno's in the Hall. It's a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home