Thursday, March 31, 2005

Thursday

Thursday

Howdy.

It's Thursday.

After two absolutely beautiful days here in East Tennessee, I've woken on my day off to rain and a catfight. We have a couple of cats that aren't allowed inside the house, on account of their lack of (or the lack of desire for) bladder control. We feed them on the front door of the house.

Today, the decided to fight about it. I wandered to the front window, and saw that the one we call Doofus had a strange cat backed to the edge of the front porch. The strange cat, a big, long haired gray cat, was skirting the edge, which sits about 20 feet above the ground.

They growled and yowled for a while as I watched. Then, I must have moved, because the gray cat saw me, turned, and jumped the 20 feet or so to the ground. I laughed, because in my mind, I turned it into the Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker confrontation in Empire Strikes Back.

Upon further mental review, however, I've decided that it was a bit more like the Permanent Crimson Assurance short before Monty Python's Meaning of Life, when Matt Frewer is faced with the insurance adjusters turned pirates. With a simple declaration of "Shit," he jumps to be taken by whatever lies below.
----

I had on my list to do today the first mowing of the year. But with it raining, I'll leave it be. I'll move on to the next thing on my list: Lying Around watching TV. The nice people at Netflix have sent me Dog Soldiers and Forbidden Planet.
----

We have a ninth caller. You can stop explaining last Sunday's Arrested Development to me.

----
I wonder what's for breakfast. I'd like a hamburger. But I got no hamburger here. Now I wish I'd caught that gray cat.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home