Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Books

Books

Remember the caption contest I ran last week?

Well, Kim up at The Unwinding Road was the winner, and I promised a prize.

I told her that I was finally getting around to unpacking a few books, and I found a few books that I was holding on to as loaner copies.

I decided (midway through the thing) to give a choice of one of these extra books as the prize.

Well, Kim's picked Joe Lansdale's A Fine Dark Line

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think she made a good choice. Joe's a favorite writer of mine. But he's one of those names that, in my view, doesn't get enough attention. Joe's a fine storyteller. He's got a great ear for dialogue. He writes stories that tell themselves, and he's not aiming to anything but tell a story. I appreciate that.

I think he's the guy who should be getting the big standee displays and Today Show interviews whenever his books get released.

So that's why I like sharing his work as much as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home