Thursday, March 31, 2005

Yeah...It's the Science that makes me Anti Social....

Yeah...It's the Science that makes me Anti Social...

LONDON (Reuters) - A mutant gene rather than anti social tendencies may be the cause of people going to sleep and waking up unsociably early, scientists said on Wednesday.

They made their discovery after studying three generations of a family in which five members suffered from the so-called earlybird ailment officially known as Familial Advanced Sleep Phase Syndrome.


The Full Story....

Oh Hell Yeah! I'm calling in to work tomorrow with Familial Advanced Sleep Phase Syndrome.

Yeah boss. It's making me antisocial.

They identified the mutant gene as CKIdelta.

People with earlybird syndrome sleep for the same length of time as non-sufferers but typically are wide awake and raring to go long before everyone else is up and about.


We now have a scientifical probability that I'm a mutant. But all I get is the ability to wake up early.

Where the hell are my optic blasts? Where's my mastery over magnetism?

Where is my healing factor?

I'd settle for being able to explode a playing card or two.

I'd be the worst X-Man ever.

The researchers said transferring the mutant gene to mice replicated the human experience but, oddly, inserting it into fruit flies made them sleep longer.

Now that is odd. Frightfully, Dreadfully odd. I'm willing to bet that no less than three guvmint scientists went stark raving, drooling, gibbering mad at that discovery. Those government scientists are bigger pansies than wrestling referees.

Seriously, though. I can't sleep late. I'm up before dawn most days. And not necessarily because I'm making myself get up that early. It's really a pain in the ass sometimes. Like on your day off, and you find yourself up at 5:50, after going to bed after one....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home