Monday, April 04, 2005

The Lawnmower

The Lawnmower

I can't tell you how much good it did my heart to see the Cubs not just playing, after this long winter; not just winning, against the Diamondbacks; but to see them do so in resounding fashion, and doing so by actually manufacturing a few runs.

Yeah, there were a couple long balls. But the Cubbies actually moved runners over, didn't seem to be swinging for the fences. The weird thought that ran through my head in this first game: Oh no! They're going to finish off their manufacturing quota in the first game!

Then Corey Patterson took a walk. That's his quota for the month.....

It's early. I wanted Big Z to get that last out in the fifth, to get the win. Not only because he's on my fantasy team, but because I wanted him to grab the "hoss" title from the get-go. Don't want him losing his cool at umpires in Game 1.

But I ain't bitching. We won. Let's get about 95 more of these sunsabitches....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home