Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Soup

Soup

Hungry? Got more money than sense?

Over in London, you can get yourself a nice, steaming bowl of "Buddha Jumps Over the Fence," a tasty, painstakingly prepared shark's fin soup. That bowl, by the way, can be had for the low, low price of 205 dollars.

Called "Buddha Jumps Over the Wall", the shark's fin soup -- which must be ordered five days in advance -- is made with whole abalone, Japanese flower mushroom, sea cucumber, dried scallops, chicken, Hunan ham, pork and ginseng.
I will tell you that I misread that last line in the ingredient list. Did a double take when I thought I'd read "Human ham."

At least ham made of humans might explain the cost.

You know, at that price, they could almost be competitive with the food prices at your local movie theater.

Or the ballpark.

Yeah. I now expect to see bowls of Buddha Jumps Over the Wall next time I'm at the ballpark, right between the eight dollar beers and the 4 dollar hot dogs.

Warren Ellis had the link...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home