Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tuesday Morning Wrasslin' Thoughts

Tuesday Morning Wrasslin' Thoughts

Not much to say about last night's show. I watched it with half an eye. It wasn't much of a show, from what I saw.

I missed the first half-hour or so of Raw last night, and judging by what Coach said to Eric Bischoff later in the night, I probably missed the most interesting portion, or at least, what interested me most of all, an ad for the ECW Reunion PPV in June. I'm interested to see how the WWE promotes a PPV that doesn't have bearing on either brand or any storylines.

I will say that I was happy to hear that NWA-TNA has allowed the wrestlers they have under contract to appear at the reunion show. If you named the top 2 names in ECW's run, in terms of stories and personalities that shows ran around for much of the promotion's history, those two names would have to be Shane Douglas and Raven. So, it's cool to see those two get a release to perform.

And Jerry Lynn? He's another who should appear. Jerry Lynn's awesome. A personal favorite.

As for Raw itself?

In the space of a week, I've really turned on the whole Viscera thing. I don't want him taking up that kind of TV time. Not because I'm not entertained, but because I'm afraid it'll lead to Summer 1995 all over again, with Viscera rising to the top of the pack, and headlining a PPV or two. Vince has a minor mad-on for big fat guys in the ring. And Viscera's the only big fat guy on the Raw roster.

Hopefully it'll all end with Batista running down to save Lilian Garcia, here in the next couple of weeks. And He Who Wears the Trash Bag Cape can wander back on to Sunday Night Heat, where he belongs.

Also: Yeah, Shelton Benjamin's great. Everybody respects him and all that jazz. Put him a good feud, now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home