Monday, May 02, 2005

Fourteen?!?!?

Fourteen?!?!!??

I didn't pay all that much attention to the whole Jennifer Wilbanks/Missing Bride story this past weekend. I generally stay about 20 minutes behind the times. Usually on purpose.

But there was something that caught in my ear, and had me thinking about it a good part of the weekend.

The crazy woman's wedding, right? 14 Groomsmen and Bridesmaids?

What the crap?

Steven and I talked about this a little, last fall, when he was part of a wedding party that was four or five strong on each side. I'd have a hard time filling that bill of four or five other guys to be a groomsman.

But FourFrickingTeen?

Jeebus.

At a loss to come up with friends and family to stick in those 14 slots, here are the 14 professional wrestlers (past, and present) that I would like to have as my groomsmen:

1. Bret "the Hitman" Hart
2. Ric Flair
3. Rowdy Roddy Piper
4. Chris Benoit
5. Chris Jericho
6. Arn Anderson
7. Tully Blanchard
8. "the Fallen Angel" Chris Daniels
9. The Big Show
10. Dirty Dutch Mantell
11. The Great Muta (Keiji Mutoh)
12. Taz
13. Sting
14. Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat

And I would have them come to the altar in full ring attire. Time permitting, I'd like ring entrance music. I think it would be entertaining, and these 14 would be able to protect me, should any fake fighting break out.

Granted, it's a different social setting, and from everything I see, it looks like the wedding was going to be more of a social event than anything.

Me? I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm getting married just like my folks. In jeans and t-shirts, by a justice of the peace in the back of a five and dime, all at the urging of a loaded shotgun....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home