Tuesday, July 19, 2005

His Popeness, Stupid I

His Popeness, Stupid I

You know, I'm still a little miffed about not even getting an interview for Pope, back a few months ago after Pope JP2 died. I go out to lunch one day, turn on the radio and what do I hear? They've just elected this Emperor Palpatine looking guy whose name I keep confusing with the guy who play Cliff on Cheers.

Not even an interview.

Why am I miffed?

This dude hasn't been on the job but what, three months?

He's on friggin' vacation already!

Now let me get this straight. You're the head of a church filled with billions of adherents. You get your own city-state thingamajig to rule. You get a home. You get your meals. You get a Popemobile. You get all your clothes given to you. You get a POPE HAT.

Seems like enough perqs to me.

But you get a vacation, three months in?

Who does he think he is? George W. Bush?

In his first public address since arriving in this tiny mountain hamlet a week ago, Benedict urged the faithful to use holidays for "prayer, reading and meditation on the deep meaning of life surrounded by family and loved ones."
He said vacation "has become almost a necessity to recover in body and spirit, especially for those who live in the city where the often frenetic conditions of life leave little space for silence and reflection".


How many weeks of vacation does a Pope get?

I'd pretty much gotten over it. But like I said, on top of those perqs, you get a vacation in a mountain hamlet?

Man. It's good to be pope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home