Saturday, March 25, 2006

Dream

Dream

Had myself a weird dream last night. The short of the dream, I'd been nominated for an Academy Award. Best Supporting Actor. For some movie that I either didn't dream up a title for, or have since forgotten in my few waking hours.

In the dream, I went to the Awards ceremony wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. Part of the dream was concerned with my finding appropriate clothing for the Oscars. I never did find a tuxedo. I wish I'd been able to tell Melissa and Joan Rivers that my t-shirt was designed by the folks at K-Mart, and my shorts were from the wonderful folks at Levi....

In the dream, the red carpet ceremony was much like a job fair, or perhaps a comic convention. Instead of wandering into a huge theater, we all milled around this huge room with aisles and aisles of tables filled with merchandise and literature.

It was there that I met Eric Idle, who was likewise nominated for Best Supporting Actor. His nomination stemmed from a performance related to the "Bruce" Monty Python sketch, which was always my favorite Python segment.

Eric liked my movie very much, he said. I don't know what my movie was about, or what part I played. So, I'll just have to take Mr. Idle's word for it that it was "a grand affair."

Now that I think about it, I think this dream is a variation on a couple of dreams...

The first is the clothing dream, which I don't have much. You know, the one where you show up to school or work naked? I've only had that one once...mostly, I have dreams where I show up in the wrong clothes, somehow. I'll dream that I've come to work wearing my Homer Simpson pajama pants, or something along those lines. I think the showing up to the Oscars wearing shorts and a t-shirt may be a variation of that...though I'll say that I think I'd be much more comfortable in shorts than a tuxedo....

The second is that dream where I show up to a class, or a final for a class, completely unprepared. I'll have this one when I get stressed...in the dream, I'm going to a final for a class I haven't been to all semester.

There's a bit of that in this dream...I haven't seen the movie I've been in (nor do I remember even being in the movie).

Luckily, there's no quiz or thesis defense for winning an Oscar. So I'm cool, there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home