Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Stuff, and things

Stuff, and things

Been on vacation all week. I haven't wanted to spend too much time in front of a computer, either. Thusly, no posting.

It's kinda rainy today, as I sit up here in the woods. Going to watch the Cubs and Marlins on the teevee this afternoon. May go catch a movie tonight. Any recommendations?

Anyway, I don't have much to say. Haven't paid much attention to the news, and I don't have an opinion on anything pop culture related.

I will say that it pleases me muchly that the Cubs seem to be able to play a little small ball last night. Got to see a very nicely executed squeeze bunt last night. Not used to seeing stuff like that from a Dusty Baker team....

Did find this thing, over at Gut Rumbles. Filled it out because I'm bored, and I'm a big ol' girl.

You Are a Seeker Soul

You are on a quest for knowledge and life challenges.
You love to be curious and ask a ton of questions.
Since you know so much, you make for an interesting conversationalist.
Mentally alert, you can outwit almost anyone (and have fun doing it!).

Very introspective, you can be silently critical of others.
And your quiet nature makes it difficult for people to get to know you.
You see yourself as a philosopher, and you take everything philosophically.
Your main talent is expressing and communicating ideas.

Souls you are most compatible with: Hunter Soul and Visionary Soul


Allow me to retort:

Sure, I'm curious and whatnot. But I'm more on the search for the perfect beer and the best hot wing.

And I might give some good conversation. But I'm not really mentally alert. I prefer to keep things nestled in a nice fugue state, if only because it keeps me from having to do shit for people. And the only person I could outwit on a regular basis is myself. Generally, I'm very good at hiding things from myself (the remote control, my keys, my sunglasses...and one night last week, the toilet paper).

The next passage starts well, hitting the nail on the head. I do get introspective, overly so. And Damn Right I'm critical of people...just a small group of people that I call "The Whole of Humanity."

But I don't really see myself as a philosopher. Social Critic, maybe. But if I'm gonna be high-falutin' over it, you have to admit that I'm more of a superhero. Or perhaps a Lunchmeat Magnate. Yeah. Lunchmeat Magnate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home