Monday, April 10, 2006

Cubs 8, Cardinals 4

Cubs 8, Cardinals 4

Well, look what happened after Papaw Tommy decided to go to sleep after the sixth: Cubs win to sweep the Cardinals.

I'll take it. Any win against the Cardinals; and truth be told, I'd prefer to not have to dig out of any holes, this year. I stand by my belief that we won't have the Daintiest Texan or Mark Prior for more than 15 starts this year, possibly between them.

There is part of me, though, that fears something.

If the Cubs win it all, I won't be able to see it.

Last night, except for the mistake that let Jacque Jones's three-run shot put them up, Sidney "One for the Road" Ponson seemed to have things well in hand for the Cardinals. I had to be up at 5:30 this morning, so I turned it off and got ready for bed after the Cardinals' half of the seventh.

See what happens when I stop watching?

Anyway. Cubs win. Hopefully Len Cleavelin will wander by at some point. I gotta rub the sweep in the Cardinals' fans face while I can. I don't think we'll have a lot of those this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home