Sunday, May 21, 2006

Barrett and that other catcher

Barrett and that other catcher...

Dear Michael,

You know, I've been trying to spin your attempted beatdown of A.J. Pierzynski in a positive light, if only for my own edification.

The only positive I can take out of the whole thing is that somebody put one upside A.J. Pierzynski's head. He's always struck me as a loudmouth, whiny piece of shit, and there was a part of me that was very much pleased to see somebody punch him in the head. So, good job there, I guess.

On the other side of things, you could have picked a much better time to have expressed your anger.

The Cubs have been without two strong starters and a first baseman for the biggest part of the season, and now you're looking at a pretty decent sized suspension, too. Every time I start to get optimistic, saying "it can't get much worse," this happens.

Couldn't you have directed that fire somewhere else? Used a little bit of that frustration? Perhaps take a couple of these guys who still can't get the concept of "take a pitch" in hand? Don't punch them down, but use that energy in a positive manner?

I dunno, Michael.

Just seems like this is gonna cost more than it's worth.

Gracias,

Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home