Tuesday, May 09, 2006

God Bless Juan Pierre

God Bless Juan Pierre

You know, 714 is coming for Barry Bonds. Some day. Sooner rather than later, I think, given the state of the Cubs pitching staff for this series....

Still. God Bless Juan Pierre for keeping it from happening in the fifth inning of tonight's game. A beautiful over-the-wall catch in center. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see somebody robbed of a home run.

And everybody in San Francisco knew it was gone.

Hell, I figured it was gone. My heart sank.

Beautiful catch.

Damn. I haven't enjoyed a single catch more in a long time....

And to hear him booed when he came to bat in the top of the sixth...that's great....

This is an aside, but if there's one thing I detest about our culture, it's how homogenized everything's become, how we all dress the same, watch the same shit on teevee, have the same stores around the same malls in the same parts of every city in America....

But I think it's why I like sports like I do...it still maintains a degree of regional differentiatiion.

So, like the various accents we speak with, I congratulate the fans of San Francisco. The rest of the (sane) world hates the living, breathing shit out of Barry Bonds.....while San Francisco (and San Francisco almost alone) loves the man.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home