Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday's Notes

Thursday's Notes

I. A paragraph filled with parenthetical musings:

Your old pal Tommy's been working hella hard (another manager had a kid this week, so I've been covering for him), writing other junk (and after this morning's completely unproductive time spent, I emphasize the word "junk.")and working his way through Season 8 of the Simpsons (which I'm enjoying a bit more than I'd thought...still some good stuff in season 8).

II. A small twist on that first paragraph:

Actually, that last part's not true. I've not been watching the whole season. I'm watching the same episode over and over...the one where Marge becomes the "Answer Lady" at church, and Homer finds a box of Japanese Dish Detergent with his face on it.

Mostly, I just watch the part where Homer nods off in the middle of the Rev. Lovejoy's sermon, and falls forward onto the pew ahead of him, and interrupts the preaching with a surprised "Dammit!"

One of the best curses ever on TeeVee.

III. A false wrap-up:

So. There you have it.

IV. Second Beginning:

Oh. I have an outbreak of poison ivy. Which is an odd occurrence, because it doesn't normally affect me. I've literally rolled around in the junk and come away scott free. There are folks in my family who can simply look at poison ivy, and break out from head to toe, so I'm not gonna bitch much.

My outbreak is down around my ankles, which means I either picked it up in the park, where that sneaky ivy must have reached out across the path where I walk...or one of the dogs at my folks' house had just traipsed through it before it decided to sit on my feet.

V: Wrap up the post with an outrageous lie

I don't scratch the ivy. Though I'm pricechecking saw rentals, in the case I need to amputate below the knee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home