Friday, October 20, 2006

Names

Names


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
25
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


What I like to picture is 25 of me wandering around the country. Presumably fighting evil. And I like to think we'd have a convention. Every three years or so. Probably around Wrigley Field.

Actually, my Dad is another Thomas Acuff. So we know that there aren't 25 of me wandering around. Thank Jeebus. That'd be a lot of ugly to foist upon the country.

And once upon a time, when I was 8 or so, we had a guy from Ohio visit our home, out of the blue. His name was also Thomas Acuff. He was wandering across the country, looking for other Thomas Acuffs. I don't know if he's alive or not, so that we can number him in the 25. He didn't keep in touch.

By this math, we can also infer I am better than 1 in a million. I'm 1 in 12 million.

I also want to include this result, because I don't go by Thomas Acuff. Rather, I prefer Tommy, for no real reason other than that my Dad's both Tom and Thomas:


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
2
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?



Just 2. How about that? (1 in a hundred fifty million, for those keeping score at home...although I'd reckon that number figures for people with "Tommy Acuff" as their legal name, so I can't really count myself in that count...)

Anyway. Saw it over at Bill McCabe's. He outnumbers me by a friggin' bunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home