Friday, October 13, 2006

Pujols and Glavine

Pujols and Glavine

You know, I've got little use for either the Cardinals or the Mets, so I wasn't going to put much of an eye toward this series. But I do enjoy watching a Tommy Glavine game, so I taped My Name is Earl and the Office, and watched some good old beisbol.

Albert Pujols, with his "he wasn't very good" quote points to exactly why.

See, the Cards got themselves shutout against Mr. Glavine. There's just something I enjoy about watching guys swagger to the plate, secure in their knowledge that they've managed to hit the ball every time they've gone to the plate, only right at somebody, so this time they're gonna hit it into a gap.

And the result's the same.

Tom Glavine's made a friggin' career out of that. It doesn't work EVERY time, but it has worked, at least 290 times, not counting the postseason....

It pains me to say this publicly: I respect the hell out of Albert Pujols. I hate seeing him coming into Wrigley with the rest of the birds and if I had my druthers, he'd be playing over in the A.L. West, where we'd see him once every three years.

But I've never heard something so godawful stupid come out of his mouth.

Albert's stance is why I think Tommy Glavine's a sure-fire win for whichever game he pitches next in this series. Glavine's made a career off of getting out .250 hitting jokers who think that they can hit him hard every time...if Glavine can get a .350 hitting joker to think that Glavine's lucky instead of good, then he's won 2/3 the game already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home