Thursday, April 19, 2007

Braves 8, Cubs 6

Braves 8, Cubs 6

Walked up, got a ticket right on the field at Turner Field. Well, not on the field, but close enough. Think of the Turner Field equivalent of the "Bartman Seat" made infamous those years ago at Wrigley, and that's whereabouts I was sitting, just walking up.

Gotta love those ultra-supportive Atlanta fans.

Just a couple thoughts, before I turn in for the evening:

1.) Carlos Zambrano did his warmups like 20 feet from me. We made eye contact as he strolled to the bullpen. I nodded. Without words, we agreed that we were both badasses. (In all seriousness, I had a completely unexpected, weird moment where I realize that part of why I like baseball is because it makes me feel like a kid: Big Z walked by me on the warning track, I could only stand agog, that 7-year-old's voice in my head saying "That's my favorite player!")

2.) Cliff Floyd played in left tonight for the Cubbies. Now, I'll be forthright and tell you that I wouldn't be able to run out of sight in two days time, but I've got an inkling that I'd have slightly more range in the outfield than Mr. Cliff Floyd. It hurts me to watch him run.

3.) I almost caught my first Major League foul ball. Felix Pie lined one foul, it skipped over a couple of people's hands, and practically landed in the lap of the guy sitting two seats down from me. Serendipity for him, I reckon, because within a couple minutes, the ushers came to shoo him and his buddies out of the seats--they were sitting on the wrong side of the aisle, just long enough to get that foul ball....

4.) The video package they run for Bob Wickman is nothing short of hilarious. It's badass power chords, lights and fireworks. All surrounding a guy who probably spends the better part of the day pulling his pants up to cover his asscrack.

Still, he got the job done, and I got to see the Cubs lose. Again.

Beats working, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home