Wednesday, May 23, 2007

In which his mind plays tricks on him

In which his mind plays tricks on him

I had a weird dream last night. Confusing, daunting. It made me feel like there's something inside of me that's messing with me as much as it is the rest of you people.

In the dream, I'm lying in bed, drifting in and out of sleep. I wake up every now and then, look at the clock, do the math in my head to figure out just how long it is I have to sleep before I go to work. I do this a few times.

Then, my phone beeps. I wake up, and look at my phone. I got a text message that the Cubs had just lost to the Padres.

I roll over, look at the clock, and see that it's not yet 1:00.

It took me several moments to sort out that I'd been dreaming that I had insomnia.

Not cool, subconscious. Not cool.

Still, it was neat to realize that, after all that "waking up," I still had 5 hours left to sleep. So, take that, brain!

Dig me as I revel in the silver lining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home