Monday, June 04, 2007

Thoughts this Monday Morning

Thoughts this Monday Morning

I bought a new printer the other day. I was printing off a story for somebody on my old printer, and I saw that the ink cartridge was in need of replacement. I travelled to Wal (hyphen) Mart and there I saw my friend The Evil Hippy. It was he who pointed out to me that a new printer was just a couple dollars more than the ink cartridge I was planning to buy.

Ain't that some shit? It's actually an upgrade or sorts.

No joke here. It just makes me wonder about this disposable society we live in, from time to time.

-----

It's now three days after the fact, but I have no real thought on Carlos Zambrano and Michael Barrett's fight. Zambrano being just about my favorite player on the team (despite the fact he's throwing shit this year), instantly made Michael Barrett the heel in that encounter. But then, that's mostly because he's struck me as something of a dick.

But, I don't think either is to blame. I think they're all frustrated. I have no doubt that the players came in to this season expecting to be a lot better team than what they are. That's gotta weigh on them, even if they are making a few million a year...

-----

Went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It was alright, I reckon. Just overwrought and definitely overlong.

My deal was this: I have no problem sitting through a 3 hour movie.

Apparently, everybody else in the theater does. I can ignore talking. I can even ignore the fact that everybody needs to open their phone every three minutes to look at a text message or the time. But hearing that door at the back of the theater slam every 30 seconds because some dip has to get up and take a dump in the middle of the movie got old.

-----

What do you call a sleeping cow?

A bulldozer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home