Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wednesday Thoughts

Wednesday Thoughts

Today's quote:

"Hey!!! Why the hell I like me some dog turd?!?!?"
---MC Pee Pants, making his Earthly return in the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie....

----

Remember that episode of Simpsons where Homer finds the box of detergent at the dump with his face used as a logo? That's close to how I felt when I found the blog Stupid Tom.

He's been at this even longer than I have. And I'm up there in blog years.

Will it change how I blog?

Maybe I should wear pants.

----

I take small issue with Channel 9's morning meteorologist and/or copywriter, who described this heat wave we're sloshing through down in this neck of the woods as "unseasonably warm."

Now, I like 104 and humid just as much as any self-respecting heavyset fellow, but if I was forced to guess just which season of the year we'd be getting 104 degrees, I'd have to guess "summer."

If it were January 28, and I looked on the internet to see a forecast high temperature of 104 degrees, I'd call that unseasonably warm. Then, I'd hunt down Al Gore, in the interest of beating him with a pillowcase full of doorknobs for inventing both Global Warming and the internet.

My point is, 100+ degrees is Hellishly Hot, but not unseasonable.

As such, I would like my TeeVee reporters to utilize the aforementioned descriptor.

As such, I'd like to hear the warning, as follows, "Folks: It's gonna be Hellishly Hot. Don't go outside unless you're fucked in the head."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home