Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Music Meme, this late evening....

A Music Meme, this late evening....

When I close at work, I end up getting home around 12:30 or so. I usually need a couple hours to wind down. Usually, it'll consist of me watching the teevee and playing with the interweb, hence all the posts that come at 01:13 or thereabouts.

Memes are great for that, the winding down thing. They make you think about stuff somewhat different than what's been in my head all day.

Distraction, as it were.

Anyway, Erica tagged me with this music meme, and I liked the way she did it, finding video examples to go along with her answers....

What music are you currently grooving to?

I don't know if I'm grooving to it, but I've had two or three Robert Earl Keen CD's trading places in my truck CD player, lately.



What, if push comes to shove, is your all-time favourite album?

Today, I'm going to say the first Johnny Cash American Recordings.

That could change tomorow. But today, that's what I'll say.



What was the first record you ever bought? And where did you buy it?

I don't remember which came first. It was either

"Crushin'" by the Fat Boys, which was bought for $5 at a Flea Market here in Athens



or

"Then and Now: the Best of the Monkees," up at West Town Mall in Knoxville, for eight or nine dollars. On casette. I'm as floored as you. Still, I know all the words, and I think the following is a cool song.



Which musician have you ever wanted to be?

You know, I waffled. Part of me said Henry Rollins. To be funny and a badass.

Then, I went with Gene Simmons. With the women, and the Scrooge McDuck vault full of Kiss cash.

But then, I got to thinking about the reckless abandon that is Angus Young. I dunno. Just watching the energy he expends doing what he does...it just seems like there's something tremendously fulfilling in all that....




What do you sing in the shower?

I don't really sing in the shower. But I figure I'll post this compilation of Ted's Band from Scrubs. Because sometimes I do sing along. Just not in the shower.



What is your favourite Saturday night record?

I don't know what that means. Because I've posted mostly music, I'll post this, a classic. As for records, Occupation: Foole is my favorite, but this clip is from later on....Good ol' George:



And your Sunday morning record?

This Sunday?



The song grew on me. Like a fungus.

Holy Crap.

I don't tag people often. But let's tag Tish, because she's tagged me so much. Bill, because he doesn't post enough. Coma, to distract her. Shyam, because she doesn't post enough. And whomever wants to follow along...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home