Saturday, November 10, 2007

Be the Blog

Be the Blog

Be The Blog award

Tish tagged me the other day with this badge, and it's gotten me to thinking.

First, I've been tagged a couple of times by a couple different people, and while I appreciated it, I didn't pay it forward like I should have. So, I'd like to make up on some account there.

Second, this one's right up my alley, as far as keeping a blog goes. The badge's creator says it's intended to signify that "a successful blogger is one who can “be the blog” - making it their own, staying with it, interacting with the readers, and just plain having fun."

Truth be told, that's a nice compliment, hearing that. What I like about the blog is that it's whatever I feel like it being. I don't come in with any particular agenda (unless it's the excess taxation of liquor). I just write whatever stupid shit's running through my head. The fact that I get sevens of readers a day shows that there are a couple of you who are likewise entertained by the dribble that pops out when I've eaten one too many bowls of Froot Loops.

And, at the end of the day, the blogs you see over on the left hand sidebar are a lot the same in that respect. To a person, nobody's bludgeoning you to death with a particular idea, viewpoint or political agenda. It's just a good group of folks who seem to write what they enjoy, or like me, what amuses them.

So, a couple blogs I'd like to tag:

Newscoma. Don't know just how long I've been reading her site now...maybe a year. There's always a lot of great stuff there. We try not to hold her St. Louis Cardinal fandom against her.

Danielle at Missives Anonymous. Danielle's blog was one of the first I linked to, when I started blogging. This was before a foray into the Rocky Top Brigade...I don't know when I realized that she was blogging from Middle Tennessee just like me (at the time). Since then, I'm wandered to the other end of the state, and she's gone to the other side of the planet....

Dave at Perfect Blue Buildings. Dave's blog if not completely in timbre, seems to match the intent of mine. He just writes about whatever's on his mind. I always enjoy that.

Erica, at her blog. I thought of her blog when I first saw Tish's post. I remember commenting, once upon a time, on Erica's blog, that one of the reasons I kept coming back day after day was her absence of agenda....

So, there. Four blogs. Not at all to say that no others are worthy. Just wanted to point those four out...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home