Friday, December 07, 2007

Chapter MMDCCLXXI: In which he inhabits a Flannery O'Connor Story

Chapter MMDCCLXXI: In which he inhabits a Flanner O'Connor Story

Maybe not.

I got home late from work last night. Didn't feel like cooking. I ordered a pizza.

My pizza was delivered by a rasping man with a trach ring.

It was lightly surprising. It's not what I was expecting, at least.

I mean, I didn't open the door and pass out, or start screaming hysterically.

That sort of thing tends to put people off, so I do my best to refrain from screaming, whether it be surprise, anger, fear or any combination of the above.

Plus, I think it would make my job a little more difficult if people screamed in terror every time they saw me.

But I might enjoy it more.

I dunno.

A couple at work have taken to describing me as a teddy bear. Which is offputting to me, because I'd rather not end up inside a cedar chest. I have really had only one teddy bear to be associated with, and he is locked safely away in the cedar chest at my parents' house.

I would prefer not to be kept in a cedar chest.

Please take this into consideration.

It's 5:45 in the morning. I'm working out of town today. Dammit.

We've had many long and involved discussions about my missing beauty sleep, and how it just ain't wise.

Anyway. Y'all have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home