Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In which Reality Messes With Me

In which Reality Messes with Me

So, I had a half day. I'm sitting here, unwinding, marveling that I've had a post with 10 (ten) comments!!!! in the past couple of days. I'm watching this morning's Oakland/Boston game on ESPN. It's a phrase that throws me, saying "this morning's game." Not a fan of this Japanese series they're making an every-year thing.

Anyway, scrolling across the bottom of the screen, I see that Astros 2B Kaz Matsui will be out following surgery for anal fissures.

You know. I think this is why I don't want to be in the public eye.

I'd just as soon not have everybody in the world know that the reason I can't come to work is a severe anal fissure. It's just not something I'd want scrolling across the world's TV signals. Seems like a private thing.

Maybe it's a disempowerment thing. I'd rather be the one telling you that I can't come to work because of anal fissures, than have ESPN shouting it to the heavens.

For the record, I was simply encumbered with a nasty case of the flu followed by a rough chest and sinus infection, these last couple of weeks.

No Anal Fissures.

But, if I were to have them, I think you'd have to consider me "Doubtful."

Acuff; D (Anal Fissures).

As it is, I am simply Day-to-Day.

The antibiotics have left me slighty irregular. The line should read:

Acuff; D2D (Irregular).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home