Sunday, June 01, 2008

There's a doin's a transpirin...

There's a doin's a transpirin...

This was my entertainment the other evening. It was a misty night after work. I was on dogsitting duty this weekend. I was leaving my folks' house, and I saw odd lights on the southern horizon. And by horizon, I mean pretty much the entire third of the sky from south/southwest to due east was being lit up with green, blue, yellow and orange light, flickering and alternating in no pattern I could tell.

Being a curious cat, I drove in that direction. I didn't want to get in anybody's way, but I had a train of thought that no housefire I'd ever seen lit up the sky in that manner. And if it were police lights, it had to be a hella bunch, and I'd get turned away before I could cause trouble.

I wandered toward Highway 11, and then south. I (along with several others) was detoured a couple miles before the fact. I didn't find out what was going on until much later. But, yeah. When a substation decides to give up the ghost, it'll light the sky up something fierce.

----

My friend, sometime blogger and commentor here Diane had a baby the other morning. They named him Jack, and he popped into the world at a hefty 8 lbs. 11 ounces.

I would like to mention that I was a mere 8 pounds, 8 ounces at birth, and I'm a helluva sunuvagun now....

-----

Gooseneck is blogging again. My apologies to Troy, for not noting this earlier, when he sent me the e-mail. "Real Life" got in the way, and I'm a forgetful sumbitch even on the best of days. And lately, it's not been the best of days

-----

Been thinking about the latest Indiana Jones flick. My initial reaction was negative. Color me disappointed, I guess. I've had some time to ruminate on the flick, though. It's still my least favorite of the Indy movies, but I've come to accept it a little more easily.

That vine thing with Shia though? That's some slaw. Even for an Indiana Jones movie. Took me out of the experience entirely.

----

Working six days this week. Boss is on vacation. Pray for me, people. Pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home