Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Meme....

Meme....

Saw this one over at Steve Silver's....

1. Take out your iPod (or Zune, I guess...really, who buys a Zune?)
2. Press shuffle songs.
3. Answer the following: a) How many songs before you come to one that would absolutely disqualify you from being President? b) What is that song?
4. Leave your answers.


I had to think about this one for a little while. I wasn't going to write anything in relation to it...Steve's answers made me smile, but I didn't much think I had anything to add to the conversation.

But out of curiosity, and little more, I picked up my MP3 player, set it at random, and flipped through the first few songs, not thinking I had anything offensive or even particularly out-of-the-ordinary to talk about.

Unless bad taste would disqualify me from the Presidency....I mean honestly, why would a grownass man have five different songs from the Transformers: the Movie soundtrack?

As my first answer, I'll say #11: The Theme to Transformers as performed by Lion. This is a song that says "Tommy...you are an overgrown child. You shouldn't be allowed to play with sharp things or firearms, let alone the button that would drive civilization headlong into Nuclear Winter...."

After that, #13: "Nothing's Gonna Stand In Our Way" by Spectre General, from the same soundtrack. I'm not running for office, so I don't need to explain myself to you fuckers. But I don't really have a leg to stand on, except that when I get out to hike a little, this one helps me keep my concentration. That said, I can't see myself brokering a peace deal with this one on my resume.

Still, nothing particularly offensive....

#16: "Joe Bean" by Johnny Cash. This one might lose me my support on the left. Sometimes, the death penalty isn't just necessary...it's also hilarious.

#21: "Foggy Dew" by the Chieftains with Sinead O'Connor....does that whole Pope picture thing still hold water with voters in this country?

#24: "Tie My Pecker to My Leg" by Mojo Nixon. I think this one would have to be my campaign's theme song. Can't you see me celebrating with my constituents, confetti and balloons falling from the ceiling, after having given my victory speech, with this Great American Classic blaring over the loudspeakers....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home