Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seven?

Seven?

Long time readers (all two of you) have probably come to realize that the passage of time, relatively speaking, is a minor fascination with me. I can't count the number of times I've thought something along the lines of "my don't time fly...."

I won't talk much about September 11th...for six years I've tried, and for six years it comes off trite, so I just leave it be. I'm no different than most, though. Even living 800 miles away, it was one of the most surreal, frightening, angering and saddening days of my life, and every time it comes around, it brings a pause for reflection.

Part of my fascination with the passage of time is the realization that every moment needs to be savored and celebrated. I don't do that enough, though I am cognizant of the fact....knowing is half the battle, if 80's cartoons are to be believed.

I'll just say that carpe diem isn't necessarily my nature, though I'm working on it. I suggest it for all...at the very least, I advise taking advantage of the moment to let those close to you know you care....

I am flying into New York today, seven years after the fact. I am often oblivious to many of the details of life (I like to think I'm a Big Picture guy...heh...), but that little tidbit was not lost on me when my family and I started planning our excursion. I made a joke with Erica on the phone last evening that I oughta just beat the shit out of anybody with a shade of skin darker than mine, as a pre-emptive measure.

It was an ugly joke, but a joke nonetheless.

I think.

Anyway. It'll be an interesting few days. I'm a New York Yankee-hater, but I'm enough of a baseball nut that I'm going to enjoy the hell out of Yankee Stadium, I think.

Anyway. Don't think I'll have a lot of internet access, so we'll holler at you nice people on the flipside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home