Sunday, October 05, 2008

Cubs

Cubs

Swept in three. This one's a hard pill to swallow.

There is not a team in the National League that should have been able to run with you.

All credit to the Dodgers. They went out and beat you.

But you let them do it. You played back on your heels. You weren't working the counts. You were pitching to their weaknesses instead of to your strengths.

This morning, I feel like the 2008 regular season was an aberration in my life. The Cubs went out and played smart baseball for the first time in my life. They were patient at the plate. They worked counts. They set the table for the big bats. They cultivated a strong bullpen. They had an excellent fielding team. They were the top of the class.

There is no difference in how to play baseball in the regular season, and how you play in the playoffs. I believe that with all my heart. You play the game you've been playing all season, and you beat the Dodgers.

Period.

Next year, huh?

You gotta believe?

It's gonna happen?

Whatever.

Just show me you're a team that can get it done in the playoffs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home