Thursday, October 02, 2008

Tommy 1...World 0....

Tommy 1...World 0....

I came home tonight, fairly sure that I was going to have to do some laundry.

We've got inventory this week at the store, and a fellow manager's having to deal with a family issue or two. Add to that a couple other Tombligations, and your old pal Tommy's not had a lot of free time to do some of the simple things in life.

Laundry, for example.

I just knew I was out of clean slacks and shirts.

I get home. I start loading stuff up in the basket to put into the washing machine....and I see hanging just where I'd left it three days ago, the slacks and shirt I'd hunt on the far closet door, out the way, and enough down the "out of sight" road to be out of mind.

Point is....instead of doing laundry, I get to laze about for a minute, watching the Phillies beat the Brewers, instead of running willy-nilly all about creation to have clean clothes to wear to work tomorrow.

It's not as good as finding folding money in a coat pocket.

But you get the idea.

Seems that in the eternal battle of Tommy vs. Universe, Tommy wins this round....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home