Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dreams....

Dreams...

A couple people had recommended trying Valerian Root in the past several weeks, to help deal with my occasional insomnia, which prior to my New York trip, was becoming slightly more than occasional.

Given my past troubles with insomnia, I found myself willing to give anything a try, so long as it doesn't hurt or cost more than seven dollars.

About a month in, I can't tell you whether it's working or not. I am sleeping, so I suppose that pushes the bar slightly in its favor, though I realize that my insomnia is by and a large a transitory thing.

I will say that there are two big difference I can tell.

The first? These mornings where I have to get up early, it's like wrestling with the devil to get myself moving in the morning. I've had to move my alarm back 15 minutes. Waking up is not the hard part. Getting awake FULLY is the hard part.

The other? I'm a dreaming sumbitch. Lots of dreams...some of them kind of weird.

Last night's example? I'm camping near an interstate in Cleveland, Ohio, on my way to New York City to pick up the new Guns n' Roses album.

Other examples? Going to a friend's funeral, only to get to the funeral (in Kansas) to find out that the friend isn't dead after all. Twice, I've dreamed that my sister is pregnant. And I dreamed that this year the Pirates win the World Series in Five games.

Look at the standings to tell me whether that last one's going to happen....

So, I'll keep with the Valerian Root. Maybe it's better to let all my crazy out in the dream world than to unleash it upon the unsuspecting populace of lower East Tennessee....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home