Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thoughts from the Ass End of the Night: Flannel Edition

Thoughts from the Ass End of the Night: Flannel Edition

Been a while since I've had to post an insomnia post. Been sleeping pretty easily here lately. I don't know if it's the Valerian Root, or just some manner of cosmic timing, but aside from a night a few nights ago, where somebody knocked insistently on my door at 2 in the morning, I've not had a real long term sleepless night in several weeks.

The thing that trips me out more than anything else? That sleepy feeling I have sitting up, at my computer right now. The same sleepy feeling I have as I sit in bed and read? How it seems to disappear entirely when I lay my head on the pillow and turn out the lights...

The alarm is supposed to go off in an hour and twelve minutes. Should I venture back?

I pulled out the flannel sheets the other night. It's gotten a touch nippy in this neck of the woods, at least for so early in the year. We might touch the freezing point tonight, I remember the weather man on the radio saying. I broke out the flannels a couple nights ago. They've got a different feel to them, and that more than anything else is what I attribute to my waking up. They're scratchy, and I believe they're whispering things to me about the upcoming presidential elections.

Perhaps I should send them long, laborious e-mails. People seem to enjoy that sort of thing.

Anyway. We're going to venture back. See what we can do about a little slumber...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home