Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chapter MMMCII: In which I tell them....

Chapter MMMCII: In which I tell them....

For the record, I went back to bed. But, at 4:19, after staring at the ceiling for all those minutes, I said "Screw It. I'm getting up."

Out loud. I said it to the empty, dark and cold house.

I brewed a strong pot of coffee from the Ugly Mug Coffee Company, and read for a half hour.

Then, I took a shower, and got dressed. Gonna leave for work here in a few minutes: the Saturday before Thanksgiving is a day that usually goes quickly, so I got that going for me.

Then, I checked my e-mail. I had 1 e-mail since I'd checked it a couple hours ago.

From the Barnes & Noble people. Usually, the spam filter catches these things, but this one made it through. "Last Chance," the subject said.

"Last Chance for your Free Picture Frame."

I said what any normal and sane person would say after 2 hours of sleep on a day where he's gotta go work one of the five or six busiest days of the year....

"Fuck you, and you free picture frame."

Then, with a flourish, I clicked that the message was spam.

I am quite obviously drunk on power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home