Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thoughts from the Ass End of the Night, volume C, Section 8

Thoughts from the Ass End of the Night, volume C, Section 8

Haven't had to do an insomnia post, here lately. Thank God for small favors, I reckon. I started taking Valerian Root a couple, maybe three months ago. I'm a fan, now. I've got from 1-3 sleepless nights a week to maybe 1 a month....if it's all in my head, so be it. Pass me that sugar pill, and let my ass get some sleep.

Well, I had the day off Friday. On my list of errands was to run by the store and grab another bottle of Valerian Root, among other things. I didn't make it to the store, owing to that I was busy with other occupations...such as making sure my television doesn't get up and run off, apparently.

So, here I sit at 3:37 in the morning, on a Saturday when I have to get up in about an hour and a half, writing a beautimus blog post about how I can't sleep....

Like I said....if it's all in my head, then the contrary is apparently true, as well. No placebo=no sleep.

I'm yawning like a sumbitch, though. So maybe my brain, what with its prodigious knowledge of pro wrestling title histories, is ready to settle down for the night.

I say that, but twice already I've wandered into the slumbertarium, pretty sure that I was about to fall back to sleep, and ended up lying there, eyes open in a darkened room.

Have I mentioned that it's ever-loving cold in this neck of the woods? It's 19 degrees right now, at Casa de Big Stupid Tommy, and that's the forecast low. We'll probably hit close to 14 or 15 before sun-up. It's November gardammit! It's Tennessee! I've worn shorts to Thanksgiving! Where's all this global warming? I might need to punch Al Gore....

I don't suppose there's any particular rule saying I can't wear them to Thanksgiving this year.

I just don't want my testicles and/or kneecaps to fall off due to being too cold. That's how both my grandfathers died, I think.

It might be hereditary.

However, I now am faced with a question: which would I rather have fall off, if I could choose to have one fall off, but the other stay....

I like my testicles, but I also enjoy standing upright. The former will allow me progeny, one day. The latter lets me stand up to pee, which may sound like a small favor, but I think one that I would miss muchly should I be no longer able to do so.

Great...now I have something else for my brain to think about as I stare straight ahead at the dark room.

Pray for me, people. Pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home