Monday, November 10, 2008

Max....

Max...

Um...the other night, when I came home from work, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was on the television, and despite the fact that whatever channel was showing inserts commercials every 37 seconds or so, I sat and watched while I answered e-mail and made sure the internet was in a good place for the night.

Well, the next day, at the K-Mart, where they were already playing the Christmas music some two days after the Presidential Election, I found a copy for the aforementioned flick in a cheap bin.

Now, this is a movie that I've seen a couple or three times prior to that early morning hour last week, and while I didn't hate it, I never found it notable enough to care one way or the other. I'd seen enough to be conversant in the topic...you never know when you're going to need to discuss Mel Gibson's early work with the President or the Pope, if only to seem culturally literate.

Suffice it to say, I never saw the need to run out and pick this flick up.

But, it struck a nerve in that early morning hour, with me decompressing from a day at work (it may have been the night the freezer's compressors went out, and I was thusly feeling a little "man against the world...").

I bought it, like I say.

And now, I cannot stop watching this flick.

I've had it on in the background, as I get ready for work in the mornings.

I'm starting to memorize the flick. Not just lines of dialogue, mind you. A couple more viewings, and I'll probably be able to quote the whole flick, including fight sequences.

Troubling? Maybe. To my own mind, only because I don't have a LOT of spare time to devote to trashy Mel Gibson/Tina Turner flicks....

It'll pass. These minor obsessions always do.

Still. I amuse myself....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home